SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
This morning Rory Reid released his plan to create green jobs and make Nevada energy independent. He will be discussing the plan today at 11 a.m. in the Clean Energy Center, 4865 Joule Street, #C4, Reno.
Reid’s goal as governor will be to make Nevada the leader in clean energy production to create thousands of new jobs. In the race for the clean energy economy, Nevada needs a governor who will bring more renewable energy companies to our state.
– Offering financial programs to attract clean energy businesses and using stimulus funds to create a Nevada Energy Independence Fund.
– Unleashing the power of our universities and colleges into renewable energy to create new technologies and innovations that can be carried around the world.
– Working with neighboring states to create a multi-billion dollar business exporting clean energy to states like California.
– Pursuing biomass production, working with other governors to utilize millions of acres of pinyon-juniper growth.
Reid will also take steps to make renewable energy more affordable and accessible to consumers by allowing homeowners to finance their energy efficiency retrofits through their utility bills, which has been successful in other states.
Rory Reid is the only candidate for governor to offer solutions for today and a plan for Nevada’s future success – supporting strong schools for a stronger economy. For more information about hiss campaign or to download his plans, visit Rory2010.com.
Latest posts by ThisIsReno (see all)
- Burglary suspects arrested by Sheriff’s deputies after suspects returned to the scene of the crime - January 29, 2015
- County Parks hosting free winter concerts at Bartley Ranch: Find out when - January 29, 2015
- Cooperative Extension offers ‘Great Ideas From Growers’ sessions - January 29, 2015
- Sanford Center for Aging hosts free screening of ‘Alive Inside’ - January 29, 2015