SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Renown Institute for Cancer and the American Cancer Society will offer a free four-session course designed to help cancer patients and their families cope with their cancer experience by empowering them with knowledge to make informed decisions. Please RSVP by calling Cindy Thomas at Renown Institute for Cancer, 775-982-6830, or Vicki Ritchey at the American Cancer Society, 775-828-2208.
Entitled “I Can Cope,” the classes will be held Tuesday evenings throughout the month of April from 6 – 8 p.m. at the Renown Health Foundation, 1300 Mill Street, in Reno. Guest speakers include oncology physicians, cancer nursing staff, clinical pharmacists, social workers, cancer resources center personnel, clinical dietitians, cancer survivors, caregivers and community resource agency staff. Refreshments will be provided.
Topics for the program will include:
- April 6th – Understanding cancer
- April 13th – Managing side effects of treatments
- April 20th – Community resources and supportive services
- April 27th – Survivorship and celebrating life
Latest posts by ThisIsReno (see all)
- Peggy Roefer receives water quality award - October 31, 2014
- Nevada 150 geocaching activity book encourages families to explore Nevada - October 31, 2014
- U.S. Marshals go on “Trick-or-Treat” and “Scarecrow” campaigns to monitor sex offenders - October 31, 2014
- Nevada 150 events scheduled Nevada Day weekend - October 31, 2014