Great Reno Balloon Race news release:
Organizers of The Great Reno Balloon Race, scheduled for Sept. 11 through 13 at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, have put together some helpful tips to ensure that all spectators have a wonderful weekend at the race. Tips include important information on transportation to the event, where to park, what to wear and other dos and don’ts:
· Stay in your pajamas on Saturday, Sept. 12 for The World’s Largest Pajama Party, sponsored by momslikeme.com and Farmers Insurance! Hang out in the pajama party tent and get your photo taken by the Pajamarazzi. Come in your best (or worst) bed-head to enter the Bed-Head Competition. Register at www.renoballoon.com.
· Dress in layers as September weather tends to bring chilly mornings.
· Please leave your pets at home. The abundance of people along with strange noises and surroundings can make animals anxious and confused.
· Smoking is prohibited on the launch field.
· Bring a camera so you can catch every moment of this spectacular event.
· Admission is free, but make sure to bring money for tethered rides, souvenirs or food and drink from a variety of vendors.
· Weather information is available at www.kkoh.com or News Talk 780.
· Please remember to recycle while at the event. You’ll not only be keeping our community clean but you’ll also be helping out the NorthStar District Boy Scouts Troup #168, who will use this as a fundraiser.
· There is a limited amount of parking at the event so be sure to arrive early. Free parking is available at the University of Nevada, Reno’s north lots, but all cars must be removed by 10 a.m. Parking is also available at North Sierra Street and McCarran Boulevard or at the Coleman Street parking lot for a $5 donation to the Reno South Rotary Club children’s charities. Parking is prohibited along McCarran Boulevard, and violators will be towed.
· Transportation to and from the event is provided by RTC RIDE, which offers direct, nonstop service to the entrance of the park on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 12 and 13, from 4 to 10 a.m. Each of the three stops–in downtown Reno, Reed High School in Sparks and Meadowood Mall–will be serviced every 30 minutes. Round trip fares are $5 for adults, $3 for youth (ages 6 to 18) and $2.50 for seniors/disabled. For more information call (775) 348-RIDE.
· Handicap parking is available at the Washington Street entrance to the park for those with a handicapped placard or license plate.
· If you’d rather ride your bike to the event, you can leave it with the bike valet at the Washington Street entrance for a donation to the Reno Bike Project.
For more information about this year’s Great Reno Balloon Race, please call 826-1181 or visit www.renoballoon.com.